Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Lehman Brothers' Story

The Lehman brothers were separated at conception and even their mother could not tell them apart. She was desperate and the only thing she could think of was to ask the experts on Oprah. They all agreed that the best thing to do is to ask a doctor which, after some hesitation, she decided to do. She called her doctor and from that moment on her luck changed. The doctor agreed to see her as soon as he'll be back from his golf vacation.
On the day in question she woke up early, took a shower, changed her underpants because you never know with those doctors, and after putting on her makeup showed up in the doctor's office with the two brothers. Two and a half short hours later she entered the examination room, and it did not take more than another half hour for the doctor to show up.
"Hi, Ms. Lehman," the doctor said "What brought you here?"
"Hi, Dr. Phil," she answered. "It was bus no. 7."
"I guess you didn't come here just to see me," he said.
"Why not?" she said. "You are not so bad looking."
"Yes," the doctor said with a modest smile on his face "This is what they tell me. How can I help you?"
"I have a problem with these two," she said "I can't tell them apart."
"Hmm," said Dr. Phil. "This is probably an identity problem. Let me ask them a few questions."
"Go ahead," she said.
"What is your name?" he asked one of the brothers.
"Lehman," the boy answered.
"And what is your name?" he asked the other brother.
"Lehman," that brother answered.
"Which one of them is older?" he asked Ms. Lehman.
"I don't know," she said. "You see, they were separated at conception."
"So you had a threesome?" asked Dr. Phil.
"Yes," said Ms. Lehman. "I had three and then some. I don't even remember how many."
"Well," said the doctor "the only advice I can give you is to wait till they grow up and then the differences will become clearer."
He went to the door and was about to leave when all of a sudden he stopped and said
"Wait a minute, maybe we can do it right now. Let me give it a try."
"What do you want to be when you grow up?" he asked one of the brothers.
"I want to be a banker," the boy said.
"And what do you want to be when you grow up?" he asked the other brother.
"I want to be an investment banker," the other boy answered.
"What's the difference?" the doctor asked.
"What? You don't know?" the brothers said simultaneously "and you call yourself a doctor?"

No comments:

Post a Comment